15 March 2011

Masrawy Egyptian Restaurant

I only recently discovered that Nairobi had an Egyptian restaurant and close to my office to boot. My friend has spent a lot of time there utilizing their wifi and noshing on their food and recommended it. Since I haven't had any Egyptian food since my trip to Cairo last year I thought it was high time that I check it out so a group of friends and I went one Friday for lunch.

Location: Kindaruma Road behind Ngong Road behind Coptic Hospital and next to Saint Nicholas Primary School
Price: Starters 100-200 KSH; Snacks, Salads, Soups, and Sandwiches 100-300 KSH; Grilled Meat and Chicken dishes 300-800 KSH; Vegetarian dishes 200-300 KSH; Falafel meals 300-450 KSH; Beer 120 KSH; Soda 80 KSH
Atmosphere: Seating is around back in the garden and they have a tent, shaded tables, and even low tables with benches and pillows.
Bonus: free shisha with lunch and dinner dishes

When you enter the gate; walk directly behind the house and there is seating in the garden. We were the only group there for lunch, but the service and the food were good. I could definitely see this being a nice place to grab a quiet dinner and have a relaxing evening. My friends ordered sandwiches which they said were tasty but small. I went for a falafel meal which was delish and very filling as well as coming highly recommended by my friend, the regular. I would definitely suggest checking this place out if you're into Mediterranean food and/or don't want to spend 1,000+ KSH to smoke a hookah at other area bars or restaurants.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your valued opinion, please be a member of our page on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/MasrawyEgyptianRestaurant
    we also have a group http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/168546876530066/

    we also arranging a Bedouin night on 30 june, eat as much as you can only for 1500 ksh/ person

    we also made many renovations, so please visit us and 'TASTE' the difference :)

    MASRAWY RESTAURANT TEAM

    ReplyDelete